Thursday, August 5, 2010

I think I can, I think I can

July is FINALLY over. It seemed like the month that was never going to end. LOL! It has however. Now it's August, and well, in 20 days my sweet little boy will be starting school. The time has flown by these past 4 years. He's excited and so am I. I think he's going to do so good! As for me, I'm doing good. Still hanging around the 157 mark. I'm currently reading the South Beach Diet book, because I think it has what I need for my body to be successful in losing weight. With my PCOS it's always been about "low carb" - but I honestly feel that it's more along the lines of the "right carb". This book is bringing out a LOT of information about blood chemistry and how what we eat determines how it all works out. Over the years I've done my body a lot of damage and it's time to change it and get it all in check. If diabetes, which is all insulin resistance, can be cured through diet and exercise...why can't PCOS? I'm determined to find out. I want to change my whole lifestyle of eating, and when I reach my goal weight I want to get re-tested for PCOS and see what the results are. Could be very interesting. Another thing I'm working on is getting in my SLEEP! For one, I know my body will greatly benefit from it, and second, since Isaiah starts school soon we have to start waking up early cause he's in the morning class that starts at 9am. The past two days I've done well. The first night I was asleep by 12:30am, and woke up on my own at 6:15am. Only took a 15 minute nap yesterday and went to bed around 10:45pm. I woke up a lot through out the night though last night, and it was harder to wake up in the morning. We woke up around 8:30am, but I feel SO much better than I would have if I would have went to bed at 2am. However, waking up at 8:30am will NOT work once he goes to school since class starts at 9am! LOL - guess it looks like I had more to write about that I thought. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...