Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pax River Air Expo 2009



This past Saturday me, Isaiah, my brother Chris, my dad, Jacob & his niece Amanda all went to the Air show here at Pax Navy base in Maryland. I had a wonderful time...we got there about 9:30 in the morning and didn't get home until 7:15pm that evening. Funny thing is - the show was over at 4:30! Yes - we sat in the parking lot for 2 hours before getting in line to leave. I found a rockin' old purple car in the car show area. I told dad I wanted it - he told me to get a job and work on it. (Isaiah & Grandpa in front of an Osprey)

LOL - well, at least I'm trying to get a job, I will not, however, be using my money to rebuild an old car...not yet anyways. ;) So the air show begins around noon with the Army's Golden Knights jumping from their plane which a beautiful thing to watch. Then there was all different types of planes doing fun stuff and there's this chick - Patty Wagstaff, she did some great stuff, at which point I told Dad that I would trade in the purple car for flying lessons. HAHA - he told me to start working out cause of the g-forces and junks. One day I suppose. Then there was the F-16 Viper...amaaaaaazzzzzzing. It was so friggin' loud - that was the point when Isaiah needed his earplugs...they wouldn't stay in tho so he ended up in dad's lap while he held his ears shut. The Red Eagles were beautiful to watch as well. Just 2 red planes doing fun tricks with lots of smoke! Oh oh oh - almost forgot the jet powered BUS...school bus that is. Very cool...it eventually raced Patty in her plane and beat her LOL. I have that one video - maybe I'll get it uploaded one day. The highlight of course was the Blue Angles...they were wonderful and only pictures can speak for them. My picture quality wsn't the greatest, but i edited them as best as I could to make them look nice.
Later that night I had a blast with my girls at Mom's Night Out for May - it was little celebration of my birthday this month. :) All in all it was a great day, and spf 70 sunblock is a wonderful thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...