Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It's a beautiful morning!

Transformer Pillars everywhere!
Ok, so maybe it's a rainy and gloomy morning, but sometimes those are my favorite days.  Days that you can cuddle up with a hot cup of tea or coffee, a good book or a movie, and just be in the moment.  I don't do those things often enough though.  Like right now, I'm sitting at the computer blogging while my "sent home from school but not really sick" child watches Transformers: Dark of the Moon and pretends his Hot Wheels are Autobots & Decepticons.  I think he's actually enjoying himself now, despite that he was sad to have to leave school.  I made a booboo and gave him cereal for breakfast.  He's been having drainage and a cough cause of it, so I hadn't been giving him any dairy.  Well, his cough seemed to be less this morning and gave in and gave him cereal.  He only took a couple bites and then drank all the milk...uh oh.  So, I come home, and for some reason I'm really tired this morning and decide that I wanna go back to sleep.  I normally stay awake after he goes to school, because if I do two things happen.  One - I feel like crap all day long.  Two - I end up staying up way later than I already do.  So, I gave in and about an hour later the phone rings, and it's the school.  I thought maybe he just felt yucky - but then was told that he threw up on the bus.  :(  He's fine now though, so I'm pretty sure it was just the milk.

So, anywho, on to my hips.  All I can say is WOW.  What a difference a couple weeks can make.  My incisions are looking really good, and better than anything is that I keep forgetting my cane around the house.  I've even walked out the front door a few times without it, then I see the steps and remember that I need it.   The limp is getting less and less as my muscles get stronger.  Another great thing is that I've lost 4 pounds this past week.  I've been walking and doing my strength exercises, and trying hard to eat better.  I'm getting better.  I'm so determined to get healthy and in shape.  Now that I've got more confidence and don't hurt all the time, it helps me feel more worth the effort.  Prior to surgery, I used to wonder what the point was.  Why get in shape when I still won't be able to enjoy my life and do things with my son.  Now though, I don't have that horrendous arthritis pain and life is so much more enjoyable.  I wait for the pain to come on the days that I do a lot of walking...but it never comes...and THAT is one of the best feelings I've ever experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...