Sunday, March 27, 2011

It was nice while it lasted

Well, it feels like the cortisone is wearing off. I could be wrong, but I have noticed more stiffness the last day or two. Still not as bad as before the shots, but it's there. If in fact it has, or is, it was the most pleasant 7 days i've had in years. Um...physically that is...emotionally I was a mess, but that's just part of being a girl. @@ However, if the way I felt from the cortisone is any indication of how I will feel once I'm all healed up from surgery, then it will be more than worth it. To be able to stand up from sitting or sleeping with out spending 5 minutes getting into a position to walk has been a wonderful thing. Anywhoo - I hope they're not wearing off so fast, but if they are then there's not much I can do about it.

On a side note, it's the end of March and we woke up to about 2-3 inches of SNOW! Granted it has since melted away as the day went on, but still, it was funny. :) This comes after yesterday I got a slight sunburn during Isaiah's football camp. That was a lot of fun too! Isaiah had so much fun, so much fun that he got mad when it was time to leave. It wasn't enough that we were there from 9am until 2pm, AND he got to play at the playground for a bit during the lunch break. His football playing time almost got cut short due to a mouth guard over the weekend as well. We went ahead and tried to get his mouth guard fitted and he nearly threw up all over me. After talking to a few friends who have little ones playing ball, they suggested that I cut the back of the sides of the guard and see how that worked....and it did! I was SO happy! And Isaiah thinks he's super cool now walking around the house with it in. The only problem, is that during the heating and fitting he bit down one of the sides and I didn't realize it, so we're going to have to get a new one before his first game next weekend. So, busy Saturday we had, and wore me out so much that I passed out with Isaiah at 9pm when he went to bed! Fun, fun, fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...