Wednesday, September 14, 2011

State Flower Look: Alabama ~ Camellia

Last September I decided to take on all 50 of the United States of America. Well, their flowers at least. In make-up. I was trying to find something creative to recreate and thought how fun it could be to translate the flowers into looks. Most of the time they just involve the eyes, but occasionally i'll work it into the lips as well. I started out from the beginning and did Alabama's Camellia. Really pretty soft and pink with a touch of green for the stem on t
he bottom outer corner. I haven't done as many as I'd like to, but hopefully I can get going again soon! I believe the last I did was for Connecticut, so definitely a ways to go before I reach #50! Then on top of it I get distracted easily and find something new to create. Also,
when I started these I was using a Sephora palette. It's pretty good for starting, lots of colors but they take a lot of applying to get a strong pigment on the lid. I'm now working with Coastal Scents which I really like, but want more than anything to get some sort of eyelid primer to really help the colors POP! Anywhoo - enough rambling and on to the look! Oh, and forgive my step skipping in some tutorials. When I first started doing them, I'd get ahead of myself and was so used to just doing my makeup for the day that I would forget to take pics between steps - lol.

~~~~~

Start off with your usual foundation, concealer, & powder. From there I used a soft/
medium shade of pink on the cheeks, and ELF's white shadow from their "Beauty Encyclopedia"
on the brow bone.
Then take a medium pink that's close to the photo of the flower and using a spon

ge tip applicator press the color onto the eyelid from the lashline up to the crease. Using a fluffy eyeshadow brush, pick up more color and blend it from the crease and into the white. Try and blend until fade from white to pink is seamless. Then using a smaller angled brush, line the lower lash line with pink about 3/4 across from the inside towards the outer, then use a green shadow to place on the outer 1/4 of the lower lash line.
Here I kept it simple and didn't use liner, only a light enhancement of the brows, then curled lashes a bit and threw on some mascara.
Up close



Added a coral lip that I believe is by Mary Kay and topped with clear gloss.
And there ya have it!



Products Used:

Eyes: Sephora 50 color palette - medium pink & green shadows
Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

Cheeks: Sephora Palette - coral blush

Lips: MaryKay Coral Lipstick & random clear gloss

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...