Monday, September 26, 2011

Vroom vroom!

Today I was naughty.  (O . o) I drove myself to get my blood taken for my coumadin testing.  I'm only a week away from my 6 week check up where I'll be cleared to drive officially.  It was such a freeing moment.  In the past 3+ months, it was only the 3rd time I've driven.  Being both confined to the house and chairs has been rather frustrating as of late.  My body has become very irritable.  The best way to describe it, is like having restless leg syndrome, but covering the entire backside of my body.  Some days I almost want to just crawl out of my skin!!  So yea, getting out, driving, being Miss Independent if even for just an hour or so felt great.

In other news, as mentioned above a bit, next week is a big week.  I go on Tuesday for my 6 week post-op check up.  A few of my restrictions will be lifted, such as the most important one (aside from driving!)...weight bearing!  I had a restriction of only using 50% of my weight on my newest hip.  I had the same restrictions last week, but there's something about this one that has made it so hard this time around.  All I wanna do is be free! Ha!  I admit it, I've cheated.  I guess when you don't feel excruciating pain anymore it pretty much just makes you wanna get up and go.  Back to next week, Thursday I'll be headed back to physical therapy at least twice a week.  Yikes!  I'm excited and nervous all at the same time!  I'm excited, because I know it's going to make me stronger and make it possible for me to get off of all walking aids period.  Then I'm nervous and scared over all the grueling work they're going to put me through.  Eh, it's be ok...i've dealt with pain for 18 years that was far worse than anything they're going to throw at me!

And finally.  As I was driving home this morning, came across a short, but beautiful song by Eddie Vedder, "Longing to Belong".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...