Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Time flies when you don't pay attention


:::sigh::: Almost 2 months later I'm updating...sometimes I wonder why I don't keep up with the things I start. It's something that right now I'm vowing to work on. The first thing I've begun working on over the last 3 weeks is how much and what I eat. It's been doing good so far. I've lost about 3 pounds over the last 3 weeks, which is pretty reasonable. I've contemplated getting my hips done sometime during this summer...but the more I think about it the more I feel that it's in my best interest to wait it out until I lose the weight. I KNOW I can do it. It's going to be a long, hard, sometimes painful road...but I know I can. I know that I'm extra sore now because I haven't been as active...something I'm changing. Today was Day 1 of working out. It felt great and I did it first thing after feeding the kiddo this morning. I've developed the way of thinking: Exercise first, everything else after. My normal day consists of feeding the little guy, then eating my breakfast while checking stuff on the computer, then cleaning up the kitchen and blah blah. I always tell myself that I'll clean up, then exercise. By the time I get done straightening up however, I hurt too much and feel like poo, so I end up not exercising. So my theory is that...well...the dishes are not going to double, or rot, or whatever in the 30 minutes it will take me to get some exercise in, right? So why not put them off just HALF AN HOUR? Half an hour that will in the long run help me live a longer life, hurt less, and be happier. Worth the wait? I totally think so!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...