Friday, August 5, 2011

Burn, baby burn!

I had a chat with my OS's nurse today. I've had a rough time with my bad hip since coming down off the Tylenol-3 meds. It's been hurting me something terrible, so we decided to go back to taking it regular until I stop taking the coumadin next Tuesday. I will be 6 weeks post-op that day, so I'm allowed to stop the blood thinners and can go back on my anti-inflammatory meds. I take naproxen, and that also thins the blood some, so I wasn't allowed to take it with the coumadin. Once I'm back on the naproxen, then I'll be able to get off the heavy meds more than likely.

I also asked her about my lovely compression stockings and she told me, "Girl! You can burn those things!" HAHA! I cracked up at that...and was so very happy that I'm done with them. I can't believe how fast these 6 weeks have flown by!

I haven't talked much about my little man lately tho, have I? Isaiah is doing really well. For just 5 years old, he has been SUCH a big help. Whenever I drop something, I don't even have to ask him to come help me get it. He'll hear it fall and comes running, "I got it!!!" he calls out. Such a great kid. I am so very proud of him. He does get a little antsy and cranky on days where I have a hard time staying awake and don't do much with him. However, on the days where we play board games together and watch movies and stuff, he's a dream child. So happy and loving, asking to snuggle while we watch the tv and such. Then there's kindergarten coming up! Both of us are excited and nervous for the same reasons. He loves school, and I love that he loves school and does so well. Plus, it will give me the chance to finally look for a full time job once I'm free from my restrictions post 2nd surgery. The part that makes him nervous and me sad, is how long he will be there. He'll be hopping on the bus around 8:30am every morning. School starts at 9:15am this year, because his school is being renovated and they will be having class in the annex buildings behind another elementary school. Also because of that, he won't be getting OUT of class until 4pm, which will put him home somewhere between 4:15 and 4:30. I feel like I won't get to hardly see him anymore! Once he gets home it'll be, homework, dinner, shower, bed, and throw in football practice a couple nights a week. :( We're definitely going to have to have special days on the weekends together!!!


So anyways, it's getting late and I haven't even had time today to play on all my Facebook games...wait, did I just say that out loud??? :::sigh::: Yea, yea, I'm one of THOSE geeks...lol. So off I go to farm, treasure hunt, and find hidden object! Toodle-oo!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...