Wednesday, November 24, 2010

And the days go by...

I can't believe how fast this year has gone. There's been so many ups and downs, but at this time everything looks up. Not a whole lot has really changed, but I see life a little clearer now. I'm happy with my little guy. He's doing SO good in school. He's at the top of his class, and doing super good. At home we're starting to work on reading, and he's picking it up really fast now. I saw a friend of mine post about her first grader and knowing all of his "sight words" so I looked them up, and now that's our focus. There's I think 4 different levels of the words, with about 200+ words total. Before learning about this I had started teaching him a new word or two every night during out bedtime story time. He picked up about 10-13 words in less than a week. He can write all of his letters, but right now we have to work on SLOWING DOWN! Since he knows how to write them, he does it very fast, and therefore it looks sloppy. We do a little addition and subtraction on the side, and learning money when he gets his allowance.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving!!! Can you believe it??? We normally have a late Thanksgiving dinner and eat around 5 or 6. This year, though, I'm gonna switch it up. Gonna get up early and get things cooking so we can eat around like 2ish and then again later in the evening if we get hungry. Yesterday I made THE most amazing pumpkin rolls. It was my first time making them, so there was a little trial-and-error on the rolling part. By the 3rd roll, however, I figured it out. Some hours later, after they spent time in the fridge, I had a slice...and OMG sooooo delish!!!! I'm very happy I gave them a try. Oh, and did I mention that I made them from a REAL pumpkin? Yea, not the can crap...I rock, the end. HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...