Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Beginning of a Change

So I just finished sitting outside in the cool fall air and smoked my last cigarette. When I lit it I realized how truly symbolic it was. It represented all that is toxic. The pain and hurt, the jealousy and resentment, the anger, the heartbreak, the bad habits. As it got smaller and each time I blew out the toxic smoke, it felt like I was letting go of a little piece of each of those. Letting go of everything that has held me back my whole life. It's time to breathe free. It's time to let go. It's time to move on, time to heal. I know that through the strength of myself and with the help of God, I will become a better person. A better daughter, sister, friend, and mother. I will be better. I am better. I am worth it.

I am free...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...